DJ name: Rubster
Music style: Trance
1) When started as a DJ
I started 10 years ago when I was at a friend his birthday party
There was a dj booth in the living room and there I used it for the first time and I was hooked. Right after I got myself an midi controller and nowadays I’m already playing on my fourth one (pioneer xdj R1.
2) When was your first experience for the public?
Well I played at several birthday party’s in living rooms but never in front of a party audience. This year I almost made it to the mainstage of Electronic Family for the opening spot. So I hope that thru my radio show some doors will open for me now.
3) Produce and which tracks already made
That’s So difficult haha, I always get stuck in a maze of so many different sounds and putting them together in one hole track is a challenge…. One day this work hopefully pays of but for now just as hobby.
4) What are your goals as a DJ?
My goal is to preform for an audience and make everyone smile in my journey in trance. That will be my “Passion”
5) What was special for you this year?
Off course the opportunity to start my one radio show here on Beats2dance Radio.
6) Is electronic music taken seriously enough as an art form?
EDM is booming business nowadays. So yeah making and mixxing music is in my opinion a state of art.
7) Wat is de beste nieuwe technologische gadget voor DJ / producers? – Using an USB stick or controllers makes it way more easier and gives a opportunity to do more than just play 2 tracks together
8) If you had to change genre, which genre would you choose?
For me this would be Dubstep. I just hate it haha